Are you facing difficult times and don’t know where to turn? Are you looking for help with everyday needs? Are you wanting to volunteer? Dialing 2-1-1 is your first step. 2-1-1 is a free, easy to remember number to dial for information about health and human service organizations in your community. By dialing 2-1-1, information is much easier to find.
211 Can Help Callers Access the Following Types of Services:
- Basic Human Needs Resources: food banks, clothing, shelters, rent assistance, utility assistance
- Government information: City, County, State services and programs. Many people are not sure what government office to contact and so 211 helps point them in the right direction.
- Health and Mental Health Resources: health insurance programs, maternal health, medical information lines, crisis intervention services, support groups, counseling, drug and alcohol intervention and rehabilitation
- Employment Support: financial assistance, job training, transportation assistance, education programs
- Support for Older Americans and Persons with Disabilities: adult day care, congregate meals, Meals on Wheels, respite care, home health care, transportation, homemaker services
- Support for Children, Youth and Families: child care, after-school programs, Head Start, family resource centers, summer camps and recreation programs, mentoring, tutoring, protective services
- Volunteer Opportunities and Donations: community involvement, volunteer centers, disaster relief
- Military and Family Support: programs that serve veterans and their families, community resources, mental health resources, counseling
- Hobby groups and civic/service clubs: for people who have similar interests (gardening clubs, square dance groups, astronomy clubs, etc) or are united by a common cause (political groups, Lions, Rotary Clubs, Kiwanis, etc.)
2-1-1 also provides incident specific information in coordination with local emergency services during times of disaster, including road closures and shelters.
For more information about 2-1-1 services, check out the 2-1-1 FAQ page.